Although I already had my Thanksgiving about a month ago and I’ve been spending these recent days studying and preparing for a final exam, I wish the best for all my fellow bloggers and friends south of the border, and hope that you’ve had a great Thanksgiving and enjoy the Thanksgiving weekend.
Posts of the week
- How mozRank is Filling in the Gaping Hole Left by the Departure of PageRank – Are you wondering why Google has not updated PageRank in ages? While nobody knows for sure, it’s good to know that there are now alternatives.
- Helping Through Giving: The Yakezie Scholarship – This is a great initiative through which we can all help by giving a little bit.
- Blurring the Line: When Small Business Owners Let Business and Personal Credit Overlap – What happens when you let business and personal accounts overlap? This guest post by NerdWallet.com goes into more detail.
- Mid-Week Reading: Pet Peeves Edition – In this mid-week reading edition, I share some great reading material, as well as a couple of my own pet peeves.
- The Skinny on Real Estate Investing: A Book Review – I review The Skinny on Real Estate Investing: An Introduction to the Subject and give my thoughts.
- Worker Shortage in the Energy Services Sector (Beating The Index)
- Unemployment’s got you down? Well, BTI talks about some opportunities for workers in the energy services sector.
- A Lesson in Thanksgiving (MomVesting)
- Jessica@MomVesting shares her thoughts on Thanksgiving, and what we can be thankful for.
- Black Friday 2010: Shoppers Trampled, Items Stolen, and Obama in Stitches! (KNS Financial)
- KNS Financial shares a hilarious, if sad story about shopping mania run amok!
- Entering the Foray of Personal Finance (Sustainable Personal Finance)
- Sustainable Personal Finance has joined the Yakezie challenge! With a focus on sustainable living with a Canadian perspective, I welcome them and look forward to their writing.
- How a Debtless Aloysa Became Buried in Debt (Aloysa’s Kitchen Sink)
- Aloysa shares her story and adventures in traveling to a shopper’s paradise after growing up in the Soviet Union.
- How I Grew My Blog! (Buy Like Buffett)
- Mark shares his stories in growing his blog.
- If I were a boy… (Young & Thrifty)
- Y&N gives her thoughts on workplace behavior and the male-female dynamic going on with certain managers in her industry.
- If Yakezie.com Was A Start-up Company (Yakezie)
- What would it be like if the Yakezie were a startup company?
- Little Break, Great Reads and Akismet: When Friend Turns Foe (11 comments) (Happy Heart and Mind)
- Someone else is knocked out by Akismet. For everyone who runs Akismet: I strongly recommend installing Conditional Captcha: It is a lifesaver when it comes to allowing legitimate comments through, as well as making it much easier to filter through the spam!
- My Life as a Day Trader – or how I lost $5,000 overnight (Ultra High Networth)
- Ever wanted to learn more about day trading from someone who’s done it? Then you’ll want to read this.
- The Rich Get Richer (Roshawn Watson)
- Roshawn shares his thoughts on the rich getting richer. The comments are very interesting.
- This Year I am Thankful for my Job (Hope to Prosper)
- This is a great post by Hope to Prosper on why he is thankful for his job.
- A Story For The Thanksgiving Table (DIY Investor)
- Big Government Not Invited to Thanksgiving Feast: Caroline Baum (Bloomberg)
- Discussing Sovereign Debt, Global Economics and Investing with Jonathan Wellum of RockLinc Investment Partners (Investing Thesis)
- GM IPO a Success – Not (DIY Investor)
- Here’s Why the Fed Plan Is Failing: We’re All Austrians Now (CNBC)
- What You Should Be Grateful For On Thanksgiving Day (Daily Capitalist)
- Why America Is Doomed to Debt (Personal Finance By The Book)
- Homemade Jerky – How to Make Beef Jerky (Out of Debt Again)
- Sweet Potatoes – Numero Uno over Potatoes! (Savvy Saving Bytes)
- Definitive Guide: The Primal Blueprint (Mark’s Daily Apple)
- Henry Blodget Talks Sense (Canadian Capitalist)
- What some DIYers seem to overlook (Larry MacDonald)
- Beware Consistency (Overcoming Bias)
- Fit in a Fun Friday – Exercising (Budgeting in the Fun Stuff)
- Our birth (Nicole and Maggie)
- PERSONAL FINANCE HELP; Why I Don’t Want an iPad (Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance)
- Use Corporate Holidays to Work on Your Side Business (The Extra Money Blog)
- When the Work at Home Job is a College Class (Everyday Tips and Thoughts)
- Demystifying Swiss Bank Accounts (Investor Junkie)
- November Net Worth Update; Lifestyle Inflation Still There (-3.93%) (The Financial Blogger)
- retirebyforty’s money flowchart (Retire by 40)
- Slicing and Dicing on the Cable TV Bill (101 Centavos)
- Real Estate Investment Trusts to Consider – 4 Examples (Invest In the Markets)
- Renting Versus Home Ownership Part Two (The Loonie Bin)
- Killer Video of Robot Audi Racing Up Pike’s Peak. The Gauntlet Has Been Thrown Down! (Singularity Hub)
My roundup includes sites that mentioned Invest It Wisely over the past week; thanks for including me, and please let me know if I forgot to mention you!
I am grateful for all of the great commentary, feedback, and mentions that I get from each and everyone of you, and I greatly appreciate it. Thanks for stopping by, and if ever you have any questions or feedback, just let me know!
Video of the week
I know that this has already been making the rounds, but it’s a good one.
Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders; no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way out for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle.
Have a great Thanksgiving weekend, guys.