It’s Invest It Wisely’s Six Month Blog Anniversary! In celebration of the event, I ran a giveaway contest with close to $300 in prizes; the contest is now closed! Thank you everyone for your participation, and a special thanks goes to my sponsors and those who recommended books!
Entries to the contest are closed; I will announce winners in due time. The winners will then have one week to contact me, or their prizes will go on to the next winners in line. Good luck everyone!
Six Month Blog Anniversary
My journey started six months ago with the post “Investing It Wisely“. Things have progressed since then, and although I have had my down days, I didn’t imagine that the blog would come this far in six months. I have really enjoyed the progress along the way, and I have you guys to thank for it. You, the reader, my fellow bloggers, and the Yakezie have really helped me out along the way, and I am deeply grateful and I appreciate all of the help, advice, and feedback.
I’d like to take a look at a few lists to take a look at what has been going on over the past six months.
Top 10 most read articles
First, I’d like to take a look at the top ten most popular articles, as per total page views as reported by Google Analytics:
- Breaking Free of the Cage: Escaping the Rat Race
- Invest It Wisely: Enter the Six Month Giveaway Contest!
- Meet Andrew Hallam: The Millionaire Teacher
- Gold as an Investment: Performance over Time
- Have a Lump Sum? Should You Pay Off the Mortgage Faster or Invest It Instead?
- Should I Go with a Fixed or Variable Rate Mortgage?
- How to Invest in Vanguard Funds Using ETFs — and Save Money While You’re at It
- Living to 100 and Beyond: Building an Infinite Portfolio
- How to Use Fear to Manipulate People
- Your First Home: a Condo, or a House?
Top 5 most unappreciated articles
I’d also like to give a mention for what I feel are the top five most underappreciated articles. These are articles from earlier in Invest It Wisely’s history that have not gotten a lot of exposure, so check them out 🙂 :
- Investing It Wisely
- The Beauty of Gold
- Opening up new frontiers
- Chargebacks: A Handy Weapon in the Fight Against Unscrupulous Merchants
- The Negative Impacts of Addiction, and Overcoming Them
Top 10 blog referrals
Here were the top 10 traffic sources in terms of blogs over the past six months, as reported by the # of visits in Google Analytics:
- Early Retirement Extreme
- Andrew Hallam
- The Passive Income Earner
- Canadian Capitalist
- Beating The Index
- Financial Samurai
- My Own Advisor
- Everyday Tips and Thoughts
- Deliver Away Debt
Top 10 commentators
And here were my top 10 commentators:
- Andrew Hallam
- Everyday Tips
- Financial Cents
- Roshawn @ Watson Inc
- Financial Samurai
- Barb Friedberg
- DIY Investor
Top 5 most discussed articles
Finally, I want to mention the top 5 articles that generated the most comments, excluding roundups and my giveaway:
- Punished by Akismet: Am I a Spammer? What Do I Do?
- Is It Worth It to Have an Emergency Fund, or Should I Pay off My Mortgage Instead?
- Consumer Ethics and Animals: Where Do You Draw the Line?
- Couple Living, in a Small Space
- Three Reasons Why You Should Learn a New Language
I would like to thank everyone who was kind enough to comment, link to me and send some readers my way. I appreciate ALL of you, but unfortunately, there is not enough space or time to mention everyone!
Again, thanks everyone for coming by, contributing, and adding to the discussions! I look forward to the next six months!