I didn’t had much time to read or write this week, and my reader sits with more than 1000 unread items, but I did try to follow and catch up where I could. One of the interesting reads this week was an entry to the Yakezie Writing Contest called “Bullet Hole“. This is a story about discrimination and staying true to one’s core values in the face of ridicule. While we should remain open to criticism and be ready to change our ideas if there is a sound argument for doing so, at the same time there’s no need to change simply because one’s ideas are different. I enjoyed this article and encourage you to head over to the contest, read, and vote!
This week I republished an oldie, Don’t Get Fooled: High Pressure Marketing Tactics. This post comes from the early days of Invest It Wisely. There’s at least a few months of posts that haven’t gotten too much exposure, so I’ll bring some of these forward every now and then to bring them into the light. 🙂
Although I haven’t replied to all the comments lately, I do enjoy reading them and thank you for stopping by and leaving your comments and feedback, it’s always appreciated. 🙂
On to the weekend reading!
Personal Finance Bloggers
- HELOC Portfolio: 1 Year Returns (Beating the Index)
- 10 Reasons Large Companies Are Scared of Twitter (Wealth Artisan)
- 3 Eye-Opening Insights from People Outside My Circle (Darwin’s Money)
- 4 Ways to Tackle Job Stress (Couple Money)
- Do you need a Financial Advisor? (Common Financial Cents)
- Don’t Sell Yourself Short (Money Crush)
- Google Wallet and the New Wave of Paying for Things (Free From Broke)
- Long Supply Chains and Business Ideas (101 Centavos)
- Paying Off Your Debts: Avoid these Stumbling Blocks (Life and my Finances)
- Sustainable Business? Is this a Practical Concept? (Sustainable Personal Finance)
- Telecom Foreign Ownership: What Does It Mean For You? (The Passive Income Earner)
- Tips For Tackling Big Projects (Everyday Tips and Thoughts)
- What to do When a Landlord Will Not Return a Security Deposit (Car Negotiation Coach)
- Festival Of Frugality – Memorial Day Edition (Bible Money Matters)
- Totally Money Blog Carnival #21: Memorial Day Edition (The Family CEO)
- Yakezie Carnival: Goals Edition (Bucksome Boomer)
- Canadian Finance Carnival #38 (Canadian Finance Blog)
Thanks for stopping by; hope you are enjoying the weekend, and remember, when something is frustrating you, don’t give up. Regroup, refocus, and try again, and you may find that success comes to you.