Here are my posts of the week:
- Three Lessons Learned from Observing Monkeys – This is a post that was inspired by First Gen American.
- Victim of DDOS Attack – No damage done, but the site was unavailable for some time!
- Book Review: Economics In One Lesson – A highly recommended read.
- How You Can Get Cheaper Auto Insurance – This is a guest post by Andreas of MoneySupermarket.com.
- Improve Economics and Help Feed the Poor at the Same Time – Want to see a high-profile debate between a top Keynesian (Paul Krugman) and a top Austrian (Robert Murphy)? You might get your chance and help feed the poor at the same time.
- Fixing the error in monetary policy (Larry MacDonald)
- Larry reports on upcoming proposals to changes in Canadian central bank policy, and gives us his thoughts.
- How To Think About The Economy With Noted Economist Paul Summerville (Investing Thesis)
- Investing Thesis shares an interesting interview with Paul Summerville.
- What will it take for Natural Gas prices to fire up? (Beating The Index)
- Natural gas has been taking a beating lately, and many stocks such as TSE:PMT (Perpetual Energy) have been getting hammered. Head over to see Mich’s thoughts and updates.
- Financial newsletters and empty promises (Andrew Hallam)
- Andrew reminds us to watch out for the empty promises of those promising spectacular returns.
- Dividends… Explained! (Young & Thrifty)
- Young & Thrifty explains what dividends are and how they work, with a Canadian perspective.
- What Would Make Me Invest in the Stock Market? (Balance Junkie)
- Balance Junkie tells us what would make her invest in the stock market.
- 5 Dividend Stocks On Sale (Dividend Monk)
- The Dividend Monk gives us five stock picks with dividends.
- Commercial Real Estate Investing (Invest With Passion)
- Invest With Passion takes a look at commercial real estate investing.
- Invest In Businesses That Are Easy To Understand (Buy Like Buffett)
- Mark reminds us to invest in businesses that we can actually understand.
- Why I Prefer US-listed ETFs (Canadian Capitalist)
- The Canadian Capitalist tells us why he prefers US-listed ETFs.
- Don’t Be Evil: Google Sees Good In Jurisdictional Arbitrage (Let A Thousand Nations Bloom)
- Google sees the good in saving billions of dollars of taxes. What do you think? Is Google at fault of any wrongdoing here, or is it the system that needs to change?
- The pet peeves post (Grumpy rumblings of the untenured)
- Check out what’s making Nicole and Maggie grumpy this week. 🙂
- Do You Make Excuses or Seize Opportunites? (Personal Finance By The Book)
- When life knocks on your door, do you find opportunity or do you make excuses?
- Avoiding Financial Disaster – New Work, No Debt (Canadian Finance Blog)
- This is a post about staying prepared for a potential change in work or layoff down the road.
- Easiest Divorce Ever! (Cognoramus)
- Cognoramus tells us an interesting story about a Muslim man that inadvertently divorced his wife over Skype.
- Toyota Millionaires vs. Mercedes Millionaires (Watson Inc)
- Roshawn looks at the driver behind the wheel and what makes them tick.
- My Experience with Unemployment (The Biz of Life)
- The Grouch shares his experiences with unemployment, along with a video about the unemployed of today.
- HOW TO COPE WITH FAILURE & PERSONAL FINANCE PERSISTENCE (Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance)
- Barbara gives us some tips on coping with failure and handling the ups and downs of life.
- Diversity Leads To Innovation (First Gen American)
- Sandy gives us her thoughts on the link between diversity and innovation.
- Free Materials=DIY projects! (Molly On Money)
- Molly shows us what’s possible with some free materials.
- Would You Pay For An Extravagant Wedding? (Everyday Tips and Thoughts)
- Would you?
- Investing fundamental #3 – The Leaky Bucket (Retire by 40)
- This post covers budgeting and spending less than you make.
- 401k Advice – Stop Passing Up Free Money! (Faithful With A Few)
- Khaleef takes a look at the mistake that many people make in giving up their employer match.
- The “Now” Syndrome (The Wealth Artisan)
- The Wealth Artisan looks at what happens when we get afflicted with the “Now” syndrome.
- Retirement Dreams On Hold (The Wise Buck)
- Mike shares his thoughts on an article he recently read about older people in debt.
- When Does It Make Sense To Buy An Immediate Annuity (Consumer Boomer)
- Consumer Boomer looks at buying an immediate annuity for retirement income.
- Young Couple Has Trouble Saving For Retirement — The SOLUTION (Wealth Pilgrim)
- Neal gives us his solution for a young couple having trouble saving for retirement.
My roundup includes sites that mentioned Invest It Wisely over the past week; thanks for including me, and please let me know if I forgot to mention you!
Video of the week
Thanks to The Biz of Life for sharing this. Have a great weekend, everyone!