This weekend the Financial Blogger Conference is happening in Chicago! Hundreds of bloggers are attending, including many Yakezie bloggers and big names such as Ramit Sethi. I did not make it, so if you were there, I’d love to hear your stories. 🙂
On to weekend reading:
- Spartan Oil: High Growth Outlook With Light Oil Focus (Beating The Index)
- Carnival of Financial Planning – Edition #203 – September 23, 2011 (The Skilled Investor)
- Carnival of Wealth, Stickler Edition (Control Your Cash)
- The Carnival of Financial Camaraderie (My University Money)
- Yakezie Carnival – Examples of Selflessly Helping Others Throughout History – September 25th, 2011 Edition (My Personal Finance Journey)
If ever you think you have it tough, just read this story written by a peasant girl from China (note: China Smack version is a little embellished and the pictures are not of the actual person).
- Peasant Girl: My Life Is Miserable Because I Am Poor (China Smack)
- (Original source) 70末农家女的生存无奈 宁做…… 不嫁穷人 (Sina Forums)
Something else that was interesting: In China they have these “human flesh search” engines. Basically if someone caught you doing something you shouldn’t have been doing… and people want to find out who you are, an army of people does research until they track you down and find you. Interesting, if a bit scary and dystopian!
- Human Flesh Search (Wikipedia)
- Three consequences of selling in a bear market (Retire Happy Blog)
- My online conversation with Barry, the dividend-investor millionaire (My Own Advisor)
- Is a 4-year degree worth it? (Money Mamba)
- My Plan For Buffett’s Money (And Those That Want To Pay More Taxes) (Everyday Tips and Thoughts)
- Glass Half Full Yakezie Black Belt (Buck Inspire)
- If You Want To Get Rich, Stop Messing Around! (Yakezie)
- Sometimes, Being Yourself Isn’t Good Enough (Investorz Blog)
- Which Blog Monetization Strategies Work For Long Term Growth? (Don’t DIY)
- Money Q & A Interview (Couple Money)
Have a great weekend, everyone.