The temperature will be dipping to -30C overnight (that’s -22F), which is cooooold. Winter reminds me how much more I prefer to be under the hot sun, rather than in the freezing cold. I simply don’t have the body type for the cold!
Nonetheless, I am embarking on my first ski lesson, which I am doing every Sunday for the next couple of months. This will be my winter sporting activity, and hopefully by the end I will be good enough to tackle the slopes with ease. If I don’t turn into an icicle first.
Posts of the week
- 5 Tips for Your Personal Finance in 2012 – A guest post by new Yakezie challenger Finance Wand.
- Book Review and Giveaway Part Three: Millionaire Teacher: The Nine Rules of Wealth You Should Have Learned in School – The third and last part of the review of this great book.
- Why I Am Switching Career Tracks – A guest post by Corey and his plan to retire early, by the age of 27!
- Sustainable Personal Finance picked Invest It Wisely as one of their best reads of 2011!
- Check out Romeo Clayton‘s new book: How We Prevent Wealth.
On to some great weekend reading:
- 2012 Personal Finance New Year’s Resolutions (Young & Thrifty)
- Our Ambitious 2012 Personal Finance and Investing Goals (My Own Advisor)
- DeeThree Exploration: Are Investors Missing the Forest for a Tree? (Beating the Index)
- How NOT to Invest in Water (101 Centavos)
- NAL Energy to Underperform in 2012? (Beating the Index)
- How to Love Cooking (Consumerism Commentary)
- Mouse In Our House (Mike and Molly’s House)
- The Billionaire Beggar (Jai Catalano)
- THE FIRST NINE SOUNDS YOUR BABY RECOGNIZES (Find a Babysitter)
- TLC’s Extreme Cheapskates Is Just For Show (Yes, I Am Cheap)
- Goals Are NEVER Enough: 3 Reasons You MUST Cultivate Your Desires (Roshawn Watson)
- Join Two Challenges for the New Year! (Bucksome Boomer)
- How to make a budget that works (The Outlier Model)
- I support liberty, not Ron Paul (Elliot Lee)
- If This Bill Passes, Say Goodbye to Free Speech on the Internet (Financial God)
- Media Censorship and Ignorance of Ron Paul (Financial God)
- Canadian Finance Carnival #70 (Canadian Finance Blog)
- Carnival of Financial Planning – Edition #219 – January 13, 2012 (The Skilled Investor)
- Yakezie Carnival : Better late than never edition (Broke Professionals)