Talk about a lot of events that have happened recently! Osama Bin Laden was killed by a group of Navy SEALs, Canada’s Conservative party won a majority mandate, and gold, silver, and oil have crashed hard, bringing the Canadian dollar down with them. It looks like the long awaited correction (for some) is finally happening.
So, reader, what do you think about the downfall of Osama, and what effect do you think it will have on terrorism around the globe and US foreign relations?
How about the recent election of the Conservative party? How do you feel about a Canada with Harper at the helm of a majority government?
With commodities crashing, are you ready to buy back in on the dip, or do you think this correction still has a ways to go?
Without further ado, here’s some great weekend reading:
- Saudi Arabian Oil: Breakeven Price Rising (Beating The Index)
- A Whale Shark of an Opportunity (101 Centavos)
- Age 21: A Year of Change and Humility (Hope to Prosper)
- Do It Yourself Retirement Planning (The Wise Buck)
- How To Get Rich $10 At A Time (Buy Like Buffett)
- Money and Relationships: How to Talk About Money Rationally (MomVesting)
- Moving Day: Hell on Earth (Buck Inspire)
- Post-Cancer Perspectives and Triumphs (Andrew Hallam)
- The Growing Wealth Gap: Thank Social Security (MoneyMamba)
- The Yakezie Carnival: The M&M Edition (Money Talks)
- Thoughts For Thursday: Great Customer Service (Everyday Tips and Thoughts)
- WHAT DOES PATIENCE HAVE TO DO WITH INVESTING? (Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance)
- Why become a DIY Investor? (My Own Advisor)
Economics and other news
- A Case for Creative Commons (Mises Economics Blog)
- Evidence suggests that caffeine is a healthful antioxidant (KurzweilAI)
- Imitative Versus Innovative Economies (Let A Thousand Nations Bloom)
- Oxytocin, Biophysiology, Evolution, Empathy, and Rights (Mises Economics Blog)
- Prices, Price Ceilings, and Subsidies (Mises Canada)
- Privacy Lost: The Amazing Benefits of the Completely Examined Life (PC World)
I am grateful for the thoughtful comments and support from you, my reader; thanks for stopping by!