So, I finally finished my final exam this Tuesday, and I am free until January! I still have a full-time job to go to, but I will be on vacation in a couple of weeks so that will wrap up soon. Also, a full-time job only is a lot easier to manage than a full-time job + finals!
In January, it will start up again, but for now I am enjoying the renewed freedom, and unfortunately I was even a bit too lazy for most of the rest of the week. Now that I’m recharged, I look forward to getting back into the swing of things and hopefully catching up on some of the great posts that I have missed.
Invest It Wisely is hosting a giveaway with over $300 in prizes to be given away! Half of the prize money is going to the charity of the winner’s choice, and the other half to the winner directly, so you won’t want to miss this one!
I also wrote about How to Find the Home of Your Dreams, and there was a great guest post by Tony Chou on How He Made $150, Lost $200, and Re-learned a Valuable Lesson. There was also a recent guest post by Jake Ashaye on 6 Simple Ways to Save on Household Expenses.
On to the weekend reading:
Big Government and Economics
- Abandoned windmills in Hawaii: When the Tax Dollars Dry Up, The Turbines Stop Turning (The Biz of Life)
- How Credit Default Swaps Destroyed The World Economy (Great Credit Score)
- Where Bloggers Spend Their Money – Dollar Challenge Results (20s Finances)
- youngandthrifty.ca’s Two Year Blogiversary is Today! (Young & Thrifty)
- Carnival of Financial Planning – Edition #213 (PT Money)
- Welcome to Festival of Frugality #307 (Frugal Family Life)
- Yakezie Challenge Time (Green Panda Treehouse)
- My Favourite Takeaways – Millionaire Teacher and FREE book giveaway (My Own Advisor)
- Yakezie Holiday Giveaway with $500+ In Prizes (Yakezie)
- Can You Manage Your Own Assets? (DIY Investor)
- Reliable Energy Production Hits 1100 bopd Milestone (Beating The Index)
- Surprise! Here’s how the ROI on Your Real Estate Investment Can Crumble AFTER You Buy It (Darwin’s Money)
- Top 20 Dividend Stocks – November 2011 Edition (The Passive Income Earner)
- What is the True Value of Gold? (Financial God)
- Why Modifying your Car isn’t as Hot as it Seems (Young & Thrifty)
- Feel Stupid Sometimes? Me Too And I Hate It! (Yakezie)
- Lessons from Ursula Burns – Chairwoman and CEO of Xerox (Family Money Values)
- Motivation Ebbs and Flows (Money Crush)
- Eating Out on a Budget (Budgeting in the Fun Stuff)
- November 2011 update – ($165,000, + $9,000 or +5,3%) (Nite Rainbow)
- The Right Way to Borrow (Money is the root)
Have a great Sunday and a good week ahead, and don’t forget to enter the giveaway. 😉