The picture above pretty much reflects what happened in the markets recently. A hard landing, but no blood in the streets (atm).
BREAKING NEWS: Just read about this: At least 50 killed; tsunamis feared as massive quake hits Japan.
I don’t know too much about the situation since I just read about it, but it’s a good thing that the Japanese are relatively well-prepared for these events and that they are wealthy enough to afford good construction. It could have been much worse had this hit somewhere in Southeast Asia or in China.
UPDATE #2: Now that more news has come out, things are much worse than originally feared. We humans live a precarious existence on this earth, and the wrath of mother nature can always strike down at any moment. I really feel for the Japanese right now; I am half a world away, but I am connected to the events that are happening through the Internet and media. I’m really hoping they can get the situation with the nuclear power plants under control, as a nuclear meltdown is the last thing they would need.
Contests and giveaways
Life and my Finances is currently running a $50 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway!
- Chesapeake Energy: A Groundhog for 2011 Natural gas prices? (Beating The Index)
- Do You Know What Today Is? It’s My Blogiversary…Blogiversary (Everyday Tips and Thoughts)
- How I SEO – A Closer Look at Search Engine Optimization (Crystal Clear Thoughts)
- Bust Looms As China Booms (Mises Daily)
- The Austrian School in Brief (Mises Daily)
- Yapping About Money: The Stone Money of Yap (DIY Investor)
- Follow The Money – Use The Concept To Your Advantage (The Wise Buck)
- How You Can Benefit From The Rise In Oil Prices (Buy Like Buffett)
- Investment Bubbles: From Dutch Tulip Mania to Housing (Squirrelers)
- A Flub, a Flare-up and a Firing! (Savvy Saving Bytes)
- Falling Demand for Brains? (Krugman)
- Good Help Is Hard To Find (In Search of Salt)
- Happy 65th Birthday, Boomers. Now What? (krantcents.com)
- Is This Morally Wrong? (HowTo$aveMoney)
- Travel Journal: India, Part One (101 Centavos)
- If Not Now, Then When? (krantcents.com)
- Do I need an iPad? (Wealth Informatics)
- Labeling Debt To Make It More Palatable (Roshawn Watson)
- Our Frugal Ways: Rent for a Few More Years Before Buying (Spruce Up Your Finances)
- Talk It Out: Run and Don’t Look Back (Aloysa’s Kitchen Sink)
- Who Gets The Shaft In A Short Sale? (retireby40.org)
Have a great weekend, everyone!