So Uncle Bennie announced Operation Twist, and while doing so happened to twist himself right into the markets, leaving a trail of destruction in his wake. The results? Markets down, commodities down, the Canadian dollar down, and the US dollar up.
Now that The Lion King 3D is playing in theaters, you may also find my Five Personal Finance, Economic and Life Lessons Learned from “The Lion King” to be an interesting read.
On to the weekend reading:
- The Bet On Rising World Energy Consumption (Beating The Index)
- Carnival Of Wealth #3053. Or #6. I’m Not Really Sure. (Financial Uproar)
- Dividend Dad How I Show The Importance of Money To My 6 Year Old Son (The Dividend Guy Blog)
- Do You Ever Lose Track of the Big Picture? (The Financial Blogger)
- Financial lessons learned from my wife (My Own Advisor)
- Frustration Over The Buffett Rule and Taxes (Everyday Tips and Thoughts)
- Getting Paid Beyond An Allowance (Growing Money Smart)
- How to Avoid Bankruptcy as a Couple (Young & Thrifty)
- Round Up: Operation Twist’s Perfect Timing (Money Mamba)
- Vienna Loves Vienna (Mises)
- “We Are Wall Street” E-mail Fights Back Against Main Street (Financial Samurai)
- What If Unemployment Benefits Were Structured as a Loan Instead of a Freebie? (Darwin’s Money)
Thanks to Money Mamba for sharing this video:
Have a great weekend, everyone!