This week was quite a busy one. I had a few days where I stayed later as we are very busy on our project, trying to make it a success for the client. I am happy to be playing an important role as it is giving me the experience to grow and learn new things. At a large company, one doesn’t always get the opportunity to do so within the stifling corporate environment, so it can be important to push for the opportunities when they do arise.
My friend Mich had a very interesting post on Why the Middle East is a Breeding Ground for Black Swan Events.
On the topic of careers and the workplace, 101 Centavos is back with another great career tip: Career Tip #3: Watch Out For Scorpions.
- Competing Currencies: The Gold Standard of Monetary Systems (Mises Canada)
- Free-Market Environmentalists Call For Further Deregulation (Investor Junkie)
- Pimco’s El-Erian: Middle Eastern crisis is a huge warning for the U.S.dollar (The Daily Crux)
- Six Dangerous Investing Myths (Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance)
- Don’t Be Like Ol’ Jim (In Search of Salt)
- Fellow thirty-somethings, how much are you contributing this year? (My Own Advisor)
- Passive Investing: Mixed Feelings (Balance Junkie)
- The Perils of Buying Stock on Margin (Personal Finance By The Book)
- Why Rebalance Your Portfolio? (Canadian Couch Potato)
- 9 Tips to Owning A Successful Small Business (Wealth Pilgrim)
- Teachers Making $4 million a year? (Andrew Hallam)
- You Might Be A Blogging Addict If …… (Yakezie)
- Are Unknown Things Preventing You From Achieving Success? (Money Reasons)
- Is College Still A Good Investment? (MomVesting)
- More on Honduras’s Charter City in the Making (Let A Thousand Nations Bloom)
- Not A Classy Exit Followed By A Better (Hopefully) Return (Aloysa’s Kitchen Sink)
- Some Interesting Reads About Blogging And Self-Publishing (Blogthority)
- The Dangle: Illusory Promises of Content Farms (The Big Picture)
- At Age 65, Will You Be Financially Independent or Vulnerable? (The Wise Buck)
- Emergency Fund or Emergency LOC? (The Passive Income Earner)
As always, thank you for all of the commentary, feedback, and inclusions!
Video of the week
Covering automated cars, prediction markets, and living on the high seas, this episode of Stossel is quite interesting!
Unfortunately I’ve found that the episode was taken off of YouTube. Hopefully it will be available soon; until then here are a couple of teaser videos:
Have a good weekend, everyone!