How dangerous is Egypt right now? Very, especially if you are a foreign reporter. The people are still angry, and the country is still on fire, if a fire that is slowly subduing.
While things are slowly changing, so long as the institutions are corrupt, the people in charge will also be corrupt. Changing one leader for another can only do so much if the incentives aren’t correct and if power isn’t balanced. I sincerely do wish the best for these people, and hope they can rise out from under the boot that has been stomping on their face for the past 30-40 years.
In case you’ve missed them, here’s what has been posted on the site in recent times:
- Our First Home Together
- Weekend Reading: Moving Edition
- The “Tiger Mom” Approach is Not the Only Chinese Way
- Weekend Reading: Pyramids of Discontent
- How Important is Financial Balance to You?
- Midweek Reading: Catching Up Edition
- 3 Frugal Ideas for a Romantic Valentine’s Day
- What Are The Best Gas Credit Cards For 2011?
- How to Withdraw from a 529 Savings Plan
- Are Emergency Savings Necessary?
- South Africa’s Emerging Economy and the South African Rand
- Heating with Body Heat the Future of Frugality?
- Thinking About Hiring Outside Finance Advice?
- 3 Reasons to Add Dividend Stocks to Your Portfolio
- Investing in Oil: The New Alberta Bakken Play
- Stocks Are Far More Risky When Valuations Are High
I was quite busy with the move and I didn’t even have Internet for a while, so thanks very much for the guest posts and the support, guys!
I appreciate all of the feedback, commentary, and support from each and everyone of you; thanks for helping to make the site great!
- The Alberta Bakken Oil Play (Beating The Index)
- 5 Money Making Gimmicks and Marketing Snafus (Wealth Artisan)
- Behind the Scenes- Andrew Ross Sorkin & Too Big To Fail (The Wall Street Chalkboard)
- Career Tip #2 – Be Polite (101 Centavos)
- Examples Of Good Resumes That Get Jobs (Financial Samurai)
- Financial Health: 12 Key Success Factors (Squirrelers)
- How To Retire By 40 (retireby40.org)
- How to Stop Smoking Cigarettes (Sustainable PF)
- The Impossible Question: Just Who Is The Middle Class? (Watson Inc)
- Why Living without Money Experiments are Stupid (Money Mamba)
- “Do You Austrians Have a Better Idea?” (Mises Daily)
- How inflation is turning breakfast into a luxury item (CNNMoney.com Fortune)
- My Reply to Krugman on Austrian Business-Cycle Theory (Mises Daily)
- Subjective Value and Market Prices (Robert Murphy)
- The Politics of Deflation (Mises Daily)
- Health Resolutions: The Other Piece (Sustainable Life Blog)
- WOW: Primal Poker (Mark’s Daily Apple)
- Another case AGAINST dividends… (7million7years)
- Best Investing Books for Beginners (MomVesting)
- Book Review: The Investment Answer by Goldie and Murray (The College Investor)
- Debunking Dividend Myths: Part 1 (Canadian Couch Potato)
- Gambling vs. Investing (Financially Digital)
- January 2011 Dividend Income Update (My Own Advisor)
- TSX60 Index: Who is in it? (The Passive Income Earner)
- In Business It’s All About Focus (Investor Junkie)
- Neuro-linguistic programming: Rapport (Renewal Technologies Inc.)
- Privilege Marks Status (Overcoming Bias)
- Reduce Health Care Cost By Providing Better Care (retireby40.org)
- Squirreling Gone Wild #21: Caveat Emptor (Squirrelers)
- Telecommuting Benefits (Money Reasons)
- What Virtue Privacy? (Overcoming Bias)
- Wrong Size and Class Tires Can Be Dangerous (Out Of Debt Again)
- 5 Ways to Make Extra Money From Your Home… Literally (Budgeting in the Fun Stuff)
- A Plumbing Disaster Story (Bucksome Boomer)
- American Express Money Manager Simplifies Your Finances (Credit Shout)
- Coffee Talk – Financial Lessons from your First Sweetheart (First Gen American)
- Creating More Income for a Balanced Budget (Little House in the Valley)
- Help, My Spouse is Out Of Financial Control! (Personal Finance By The Book)
- Minimizing Your Personal Inflation Rate (My Money Blog)
- Save Money By Being Prepared! (Everyday Tips and Thoughts)
- The Sandwich Generation and Money (Dr. Dean)
- The WMD Savings Account – The Distributor (Wealth Artisan)
- Valentine’s Day on the Cheap (krantcents.com)
- RRSP versus TFSA: Head to Head Comparison (youngandthrifty.ca)
- Ford To Make Roads Safer By Networking Cars Together Wirelessly (Video) (Singularity Hub)
- Robot Jet Fighter Takes First Flight – Aiming for Aircraft Carriers in 2013 (video) (Singularity Hub)
- The top ten e-paper devices coming in the next 20 years (KurzweilAI.net)