Though today a lot of companies all over the world regularly hire dedicated development teams to work on their projects, some businesses do not know how to start their work with developers in the right way and, as a result, the outcomes of this cooperation do not meet their expectations. That’s why if you think about different ways on how to hire software developers or have already decided to work with dedicated programmers, we strongly recommend you read this article that will help you to avoid a lot of mistakes.
Dedicated development team model: Quick overview
Let’s quickly recollect what it means to hire dedicated development team. This model includes working with an outsourcing agency that is responsible for creating a dedicated team based on your needs. Thanks to hiring dedicated development team, you can easily avoid a lot of recruiting and onboarding issues that are usually associated with traditional hiring. Moreover, such things as payrolls and paperwork will be the responsibility of the outsourcing company that you will be working with.
Regardless of the fact that members of such teams officially stay employees of your outsourcing partner, they will work as full-time developers on your project and will be fully involved in the development process.
This model is quite beneficial for businesses but to enjoy all the advantages, you need to do everything correctly.
Practical tips for hiring dedicated development team
So, what do you need to know when you want to hire dedicated development team?
- Create a list of your requirements, and think about the team size and its precise composition. Do not worry if you suppose that in the future the requirements may change and you will need to add more specialists or, vice versa, you won’t need to have some particular skills in your team. This model offers a lot of flexibility and you can introduce any changes even during the development process.
- Choose an outsourcing partner. Make sure that you have found a reliable company, try to find the reviews written by the company’s clients, and conduct your own market research.
- Share your requirements with the company that you have established cooperation with and wait while your partner is looking for potential candidates based on your needs.
- Conduct interviews with the selected candidates. Based on the results of your communication with developers and other specialists, you can create the dedicated team of your dreams. Do not hesitate to ask programmers to share their portfolios and tell you about their previous experiences.
- Approve candidates and tell them about your project and your company. Your dedicated development team should have a very good understanding of all your requirements and the specificity of the project. Otherwise, it will be quite challenging for developers to be on the same page with you.
- Set clear processes. Your dedicated developers will work remotely which can make all things a little bit more complicated as you all will need some time to get accustomed to new processes. To establish efficient cooperation, you will also need to choose reliable software tools that will help to organize your interaction with your developers.
- Provide feedback. If you like what your developers do, tell them about that. If you are not satisfied with something, tell them about that even faster. Everything can be changed and improved but it is recommended to do it as soon as you’ve noticed these issues, not after the end of the project.
If you do not have any previous experience in hiring dedicated development team, everything may look a little bit complicated. But it is not so. The cooperation model itself is very convenient to apply, especially if you bear in mind all the above-mentioned tips.