It’s been a weird week in weather. The week started out at -20°C, which temperatures rising almost to +10 by Friday! Then on Saturday, temperatures fell back to -10 and beyond and it was extremely windy, which was a pain when I had to go pick up a desk at a furniture store and the ground was almost literally a flat sheet of ice, and the wind almost knocked me off of my feet! So glad I had a warm car to return to, but it makes me appreciate the hardships that people had to go through before modern technology. I can’t imagine that life was easy for the natives that lived here hundreds of years ago, nor for the European settlers here a couple hundred years back.
There’s been a lot of interesting reading around the blogosphere this week; so, what’s going on with the economy? Are there real green shoots, or are we merely seeing the beginnings of another crack-up boom? Is there inflation, or are we merely seeing a shift in investor sentiment from “paper” assets to “physical” assets? What are your thoughts?
- Long Live Inflation (Squirrelers)
- Deep Thoughts: Social Security (The Amateur Financier)
- The Education Bubble Is Fuel for Revolt (Mises Daily)
- The Myriad Benefits of Intermittent Fasting (Mark’s Daily Apple)
- New Furniture Sucks (101 Centavos)
- Should I Buy a House? (Little House in the Valley)
- Why Should You Downsize to a Smaller Home (Tight Fisted Miser)
- Articles on the Return Predictor, the Risk Evaluator, the Scenario Surfer and the Strategy Tester (A Rich Life)
- Manners Show Status (Overcoming Bias)
- News Update: Dividend Increase (The Passive Income Earner)
- On A Quest To Turn $3000 Into 100000 With Trader Mark Li, DMS (Investing Thesis)
- The Alberta Bakken Oil Play (Beating The Index)
- 70 Post Ideas for Your Blog (brokeprofessionals.com)
- ACCOMPLISH MORE BY DOING LESS (Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance)
- Daniel Cates Biography screen name Jungleman12 (Poker Blog)
- Failure: The Pathway to Success (Personal Finance By The Book)
- Gambling With Your life (Yakezie)
- Guest post: Fulfillment (Early Retirement Extreme)
- My Awful Best Buy Customer Service Experience (The College Investor)
- My 500th Post: What a Long, Strange Trip It’s Been (The Amateur Financier)
- Start up Careers for Anyone (First Gen American)
- Take-up of Government Benefits (Canadian Capitalist)
- Creating Your Finance Corner (MomVesting)
- Our Extra Money (Budgeting in the Fun Stuff)
- PF advice in American is broken… (7million7years)
- The LifeStyle Creep (brokeprofessionals.com)
- What are the Best Credit Cards for You? (Money Smart Life)
- Who Pays on the First Date: A Financial Lesson Learned (Squirrelers)
Thanks for all of the feedback and support, everyone; you help to make the site great!
Video of the week
Thanks to The Biz of Life for sharing this.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!