I recently posted about a move into our first home; well, right now I am without Internet and my PC is currently disconnected, so I haven’t been able to write and follow up as much as I would have liked. This is a very big move compared to all my past moves from apartment to apartment, as there is so much more that needs to be looked at: dealing with issues with the builder, taking the time to furniture shop, installing light fixtures and things like that (which can be more of a pain in the *%! than I would have expected).
I am having fun and I am enjoying the process so far; it really is a lot of fun, but it is also a lot of work! I am not too happy to have neglected the blog and my other priorities such as the GMAT and Mandarin. At least I am sure that I got enough exercise over the weekend, including a mattress walk of a few hundred feet!
I hope to have everything more or less settled by the end of the week (I know it’s not going to happen, but at least to have Internet and to have most of the move complete will be good); until then, why not read some of these great articles from some of my fellow bloggers?
- Did You Know It Costs More Than a Penny to Make a Penny? (Gizmodo)
- Low risk in mortgages says CAAMP (Larry MacDonald)
- The Myth that Laissez Faire Is Responsible for Our Present Crisis (Ludwig von Mises Institute of Canada)
- 2010 Canadian Oil & Gas Top Performers (Beating The Index)
- Dividend Income: January 2011 Update (The Passive Income Earner)
- Present Value of Money Explained – MBA Monday (Darwin’s Money)
- The efficient market hypothesis (Early Retirement Extreme)
- 2010 Blog Stats and Supporters (KNS Financial)
- A Good Gym is Difficult to Find. Just Like a Good Man. (Aloysa’s Kitchen Sink)
- Confessions of an Escort: A Look into the Life (Fabulously Broke)
- How Honest Should You Be With Your Friends? (Get Happy Life)
- How to make money with a blog (Christian PF)
- Penne Girate Al Sugo –- Sauteed Penne with Meat Sauce (101 Centavos)
- Sustainability Tip #24: De-Ice with Clay Cat Litter (Sustainable Personal Finance)
- Time Management– Where Does Our Time Go? (The Financial Blogger)
Motivation & Inspirational
- 8 Ways to Reach Your Goals (Prairie EcoThrifter)
- A Couple Quotes From Martin Luther King Jr. (Everyday Tips and Thoughts)
- Friends and communities (a windycitygal’s Weblog)
- 2011 Personal Finance Goals (My Own Advisor)
- Best Financial Advice (retireby40.org)
- Business use of Home Deduction (Net Worth Journey)
- Charitable Donations : 10 Ways to stretch your Dollar (Wealth Informatics)
- Develop a Debt Payoff Plan With Discover’s Paydown Planner (Credit Shout)
- Do You Want To Retire Happy? (Canadian Finance Blog)
- Sam from the Financial Samurai Discusses the Yakezie Network (Blogcast FM)
- Save Money/Make Money At The Thrift Store (Life and My Finances)
- When Two Incomes Become One (MomVesting)
- Why I Don’t Need an Emergency Fund (Twenty Something Money)
- youngandthrifty Book Review and Giveaway: Smarter Than the Street (youngandthrifty.ca)
Politics & Government
- Hyperventilating with President Hu Jintao (101 Centavos)
- Our School Systems; Death to Creativity? (21st Century Human)
- Politics of Envy (Roshawn Watson)
Thanks for all of the great comments and support, everyone; I greatly appreciate it and I am always happy to get your feedback!
P.S. The temperatures have recently dipped to near -30°C or -22°F without windchill, so I thought that the picture was quite fitting for the recent weather.