This has been a busy week so far. I started classes which I am taking twice a week after work, and there is quite a bit of homework and study attached. I really don’t remember how I used to mix work and school in the past!
Here are my posts over the past week:
- Learn a New Language: Five Different Strategies
- Three Reasons Why You Should Learn a New Language
- The Primal Blueprint 30 Day Challenge
- Is It Worth It to Have an Emergency Fund, or Should I Pay off My Mortgage Instead?
- The Rising Chinese
I’ve decided to try a new format for my weekly roundup. After a discussion on Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance about link posts, I will split things up into my favorite weekly reads (limited to 10 max!), mentions for those who linked to me, and a video of the week if there is one to share.
- Beating the Index: China Bluntly Confirms my Oil Investment Thesis
- The world is going to have to get used to a rising China that refuses to live in third world squalor while the rest of us consume like gluttons.
- Everyday Tips and Thoughts: How Does The Government Decide Who To Bail Out?
- How do they decide to bailout, and with whose money?
- Financial Samurai: Are The Poor Bringing The Poor & Middle Class Down With Them?
- What happens when you get more government than you bargained for?
- Money Smarts Blog: Buying Stocks In A Down Market
- What do you think about buying stocks in a down market?
- Hope to Prosper: How to Pick a Mutual Fund – Fees
- Ever wanted to learn more about the various kinds of fees encountered with mutual funds? Learn all about it here.
- Andrew Hallam: You want to be a good investor? Learn to ignore people
- Andrew shares his own stories on how sometimes one needs to part ways with the crowd.
- Frugal Zeitgeist: Retirement Myths and Realities
- Forest gives his own thoughts on retirement planning.
- Saving Money Today: This Could Be My Last Blog Post Ever
- Is it really Saving Money Today’s last post? Check it out.
- Ultimate Money Blog: Save the Earth- Don’t Have Kids
- More kids… yes or no?
- My Own Advisor: Oops!…They did it again – but are you surprised?
- Finally, the Bank of Canada raised interest rates yet again!
… and please check out the following articles from those that featured Invest It Wisely this week; thanks for the mentions!
- Beating the Index: How to Invest a Lump Sum of Money
- Everyday Tips and Thoughts: 10 Tips For Buying A New Home
- Buy Like Buffett: 3 Sectors That Would Benefit From Another Stimulus Bill
- Financial Highway: Canada’s Mortgage Market: Is it Safe?
- Wealth Informatics: How much do I need for retirement – My Retirement Number
- My Dollar Plan: Are Municipal Bonds the Next Bubble?
- In Search of Salt: The Carry Trade and Exchange Rates
- Personal Dividends: What You Need to Qualify for a Home Mortgage Loan
- Watson Inc: 7 Surprising Facts About Millionaires
- Faithful With A Few: How to Cut Your Printing Costs
- Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance: A Sneak Peak; Inside Barbara Friedberg’s Personal Portfolio-Part 1
- Budgeting In the Fun Stuff: I’ve Got the Time – How do I Get the Money?
- Financially Poor: Friday Night Likes
Please let me know if I forgot to mention you!
Video of the week
Have a great weekend, everyone.