I’ve only been on this adventure for a bit more than a month, but I’ve already met some cool fellow bloggers, learned a few things, and enjoyed writing and interacting with the readers along the way!
I find that one of the nice things about blogging is that there is a great community of bloggers out there that challenge and motivate you to succeed. I believe that you need to have good role models in order to help you succeed; people who are good at what they do, people who you can look up to, learn from, and be challenged by. This is one of the ways you learn and improve in life.
With that said, I have decided to join the Yakezie challenge! My Alexa ranking started out at a dismal 19 million or so, but I have been climbing through the ranks ever so slowly, and the last that I checked I was at 3,664,945 (yes, I know, I gotta stop checking every few hours). My first goal will be to crack 1 million by July. The timeline is short, but I will try!
Here is your weekend reading:
- Beating the Index: Profiting from Europe’s Woes
- The market has burped loudly this week; stock markets are down, gold is up: what will your next move be?
- Andrew Hallam: The Elements of Investing book review
- Front end loads, back end loads, and management fees: So, how are actively managed funds supposed to beat the indexes again, after accounting for fees? The answer is that they do… but only for the person collecting the fees! Andrew explains it all in clear and concise terms.
- Blog Income Life: Content Left, Sidebars Right
- Valentina at Blog Income Life discusses the benefits of having content left and sidebars right on your blog, as well as improving monetization via affiliate links.
- The Wise Buck: Uplifting [Video]
- The Wise Buck has an uplifting video to share with us this week. It’s well worth checking out.
- Lifestyle Shock: Are Financial Bloggers as Corrupt as Real Estate Agents?
- Lifestyle Shock has a warning for us about unscrupulous bloggers.
- 20s Money: Finally A U.S. Politician Speaks The Truth About The IMF & Greece
- Jim DeMint isn’t afraid to voice his opinion about the planned bailout of Greece.
- Christian Common Cents: Never Loan Money To Friends and Family
- Christian Common Cents explains why it’s often not worth risking ruining the relationship when it comes to lending money to family and friends.
- Darwin’s Finance: Are You Pro-Business or Pro-Worker? Why is That?
- Darwin’s Finance examines the relationship and conflicts between the business and the employee.
- Financial Samurai: Pretend You Have Arrived So You Can Become
- The Financial Samurai talks about how the power of visualization can help you perform better and achieve success.
- Frugal Zeitgeist: Could Bartering Replace Currency?
- Bartering, eh? Frugal Zeitgeist talks about the advantages and disadvantages.
- Monevator: Walter Schloss: His rules that beat the market
- Monevator gives us a brief bio of Walter Schloss, a successful value investor in the vein of Warren Buffett and Benjamin Graham, and gives us a peek at his investing guidelines.
- Money Energy: Is Greece the End of Fiat Currency?
- Money Energy talks about the possible end of the current supremacy of fiat currency.
- My Financial Objectives: One Red Paperclip
- My Financial Objectives tells us about the amazing story of one guy who traded away a red paperclip and eventually ended up with a house.
- Personal Finance Ninja: How to Invest in the Economy: The Best Investments for Each Business Cycle
- Personal Finance Ninja talks about the different phases of the business cycle and which type of investments work well in each phase.
- Well-Heeled Blog: 7 Steps In Overcoming Rejections In Job Search
- Well-Heeled Blog teaches us how to overcome job rejection; the lessons can also be applied to other types of rejection.
See you next week!