It’s been an interesting week so far! Gold and silver may have blown their top… for now. The U.S. Dollar is slowly gaining steam amidst more woes in Europe… it looks like the reserve currency is still kicking! Here are my posts of the week:
- Gold, Revisited: Is $1500 Near? – In this post, I look at some of the reasons behind gold’s recent price moves, as well as where it may be going next.
- Remembering the Fallen – I give my own personal thoughts and feelings on what Remembrance Day means for me.
- Interview with Keith Schaefer the Author Behind the Oil and Gas Investment Bulletin
(Beating The Index)
- Mich interviews Keith Schaefer, investor in oil & gas and the author behind The Oil and Gas Investment Bulletin. If you follow oil & gas investing at all, then you won’t want to miss this one.
- Budget versus Actual (101 Centavos)
- 101 Centavos looks at the difference between budgeted expenses and actual expenses.
- Chocolate Will Be As Expensive as Caviar in 20 Years (Well Heeled Blog)
- Could chocolate really become that expensive? This is a little shocking, to say the least.
- Dec 1st Writing Experiment – 12 days of Xmas (First Gen American)
- Interested in joining in a writing experiment with First Gen American and some others? Then check this out!
- Investing Starter Kit: The Knowledge You Need! (The Passive Income Earner)
- The Passive Income Earner shares his investment starter’s kit here!
- My Dream Retirement… (Everyday Tips and Thoughts)
- Kris talks about her dream retirement.
- How to Help Your Spouse See You As A Financial Equal (Momvesting)
- In this post, Momvesting talks about looking at looking at finances on equal terms with your partner, together.
- How To Overcome Poor Grades And Get A Job (Financial Samurai)
- Is it possible to get over poor grades and find a good job? Should you let your prior transgressions drag you down, or can you go past them and move on?
- Humungous 2010 property tax bill (Retire By 40)
- Retire by 40 talks about his huge property tax bill, as well as paying property taxes in one shot versus giving it to the bank in escrow.
- Watch Out for Walmart Credit Cards (Hope To Prosper)
- Bret advises us to not get suckered in by high interest rate department store cards.
- Gold: The Market’s Global Currency (Mises Daily)
- Hot Money, Gold, Foreign Exchange And The Fallout From QE (Daily Capitalist)
- The Primal Blueprint Reader-Created Cookbook (Mark’s Daily Apple)
- Guest Post: When To Sell Gold (Zero Hedge)
- Why Gold Prices go up? (Canadian Capitalist)
- 3 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Jerry Seinfeld (RBs Keys to Successful Living)
- Bah Sophistication (Overcoming Bias)
- Flexible Law Wins (Overcoming Bias)
- Freelance Business: Feeling Mercenary (Personal Dividends)
- Hoarding vs. Clean House – Are Both Shows About Hoarding? (Out of Debt Again)
- Would You Ever Leave The US If Taxes Got Too High? (Saving Money Today)
- 401k or Roth IRA? A Simple Approach (Wealth Pilgrim)
- 7 Ways to Save Money As New Parents (Prairie EcoThrifter)
- Do You Save Instead of Paying Debt? (Watson Inc)
- Is It a Good Idea to Cash Out My 401k or IRA to pay off my debt? (The Wise Buck)
- How To Start Planning For Christmas And Save (Canadian Finance Blog)
- The Kim Kardashian Debit Card (Wealth Artisan)
- Public Choice Ignorance Everywhere (Let A Thousand Nations Bloom)
- The 3 Richest Members Of Congress (Buy Like Buffett)
My roundup includes sites that mentioned Invest It Wisely over the past week; thanks for including me, and please let me know if I forgot to mention you!
Video of the week
Thanks to The Biz of Life for sharing this.
Have a great weekend, everyone.