Here is your weekend reading:
Building your wealth
- Narrow Bridge Adventures shows us how a rent vs. buy analysis can help us make an informed decision when it comes to choosing housing.
- The Passive Income Earner gives us an overview of the different types of Canadian investment accounts available.
- The Globe and Mail publishes an article about how Canadian mutual funds lag the index, yet again.
- My Financial Objectives takes a look at U.S. consumer debt.
- Eliminate The Muda! looks at the health risks of debt stress.
- Barbara Friedberg tells us the secret to cutting your debt immediately.
- My Own Advisor asks if it’s time to get serious about debt.
- Money Funk wants you to get your debt under control.
- Martin Wolf warns us over at Naked Capitalism of the dangers of austerity.
- TheMoneyIllusion believes that Krugman is wrong, again.
- Digging Out From Our Mess covers the difficult task of talking to parents about their finances.
- Money Reasons asks if it’s easier to be financially successful in California.
- Andrew Hallam asks what you are doing to make the world a better place.
- The Wise Buck tells us the story of John Wooden and gives us 12 lessons for leadership.
- The Passive Income Earner talks about teaching children about money.
- Blog Income Life asks if you’ve got the blogging blues.
- Here are some shocking photos on pollution in China.
- Let A Thousand Nations Bloom talks about David Friedman’s upcoming update to the Machinery of Freedom.
- Mises Economics Blog has an article about the trouble with David Friedman’s concept of rationality.
- Deliver Away Debt has compiled a massive collection of Yakezie money saving tips.
- How I Save Money tells us how line dried clothes can save money.
- Everyday Tips and Thoughts talks about when frugal goes bad, and saving money isn’t worth it.
Technology & futurism
- Singularity Hub talks about Jason Silvas’ documentary about turning into gods.
- Let A Thousand Nations Bloom covers space-steading with an intro on Bigelow Aerospace, a company building the first private space station
See you next week!