The picture above was taken at the Angkor temple complex in Siem Reap, Cambodia. This temple complex is a testament to the richness of the cultures and history of the world. I highly recommend visiting the region at least once in your life. Why mention it? Because I have been hearing and talking a lot about southeast Asia, lately, and I recently took a vacation there; I had a really good time. It helped to broaden my horizons a bit and to see just how diverse our globe really is.
Here are some interesting articles and posts for your weekend reading:
- Beating the Index: Stock Trades Update: Bought TSXV:REL (Light Oil)
- Mich over at Beating the Index is on a roll and is absolutely crushing the index so far this year. I like hearing about his thoughts when he talks about what he invests in and why, because you can tell he puts a lot of time into researching and knowing what he buys and what he sells. I look forward to seeing his updated portfolio numbers at the end of the month.
- Andrew Hallam: Retirement: Paradise made affordable
- Don’t have enough money to retire comfortably? Why don’t you look at Southeast Asia? In this article, Andrew talks about how it is possible to live in paradise, and on a very affordable budget.
- The Wise Buck: Welcome To The Next Phase of The Real Estate Crash
- The Wise Buck has a good post up on how we are simply moving on to the next phase of the housing crisis. Although there wasn’t a crash in housing prices in Canada, I can’t help but feel a bit nervous about purchasing property in this market given that incomes haven’t moved in accordance with the housing prices.
- Young and Thrifty: The Financial Cleanse- Write Down What you Spend your Money On
- Young and Thrifty has an interesting series on how to perform a “detox” on your spending habits. While I don’t personally go to the lengths suggested in the series, I do try and keep track of my major cash flows on at least a monthly basis.
- Wealth Pilgrim: How To Protect Your Investments Against Fraud
- Wealth Pilgrim discusses simple tips to help protect yourself against investment fraud.
- Blog Income Life: Wonder Wheel – Great Tool for Cluster Blog Posting
- Valentina shows us a Google tool that I never knew existed, and it is actually quite useful!
- YouTube: Obama Budget Cuts Visualization
- This YouTube video helps to visualize just how “impressive” $100 million of budget cuts really is in the context of the US federal budget.
See you next week!